Prevent Abuse of Older People through Education
The Aged Rights Advocacy Service (ARAS) is inviting you to attend its next training session using a 'Train the Trainer' approach about the identification of abuse of older people. The designated staff trainer will be given an Abuse Prevention Kit containing all materials necessary for the trainer to present a session(s) to their front line staff and volunteers. The purpose of the training kit is to provide agencies with knowledge and resources that will enable front line staff to recognise abuse of older people and act appropriately when abuse is identified.
Key subject areas covered in the Train the Trainer Session:
- Definition of abuse, prevalence rates
- Types of abuse and indicators
- Barriers to reporting abuse of older people
- Resources and services available to assist
- Legislation, Power of Attorney and other legal issues, case studies, organisational response policies, confidentiality and privacy, interactive learning tools, principles of adult learning, DVD scenarios.