How ARAS advocates can assist you or your nominated representatives
Advocates can provide the following services through the delivery of advocacy, information and education:
- Assist people to articulate and express their concerns to the Retirement Village operator.
- Speak up on behalf of the resident and at their direction with a Retirement Village operator in order to resolve their concern or complaints.
- Ensure that people are provided with adequate explanation and clarification in respect to queries about their contract/agreement with the operator.
- Ensure that people are aware of their rights and entitlements according to the Retirement Villages Act 2016 and Retirement Villages Regulations 2017 and that those rights and entitlements are upheld and respected by the retirement village operator.
- Provide representation and support in respect to any mediation process with the operator, in general meetings with the village operator and in tribunal hearings conducted by SACAT.
- Assist people to explore the various options that may be available in respect to addressing and resolving any dispute with a village operator.