WEAAD 2020 Report
The 2020 World Elder Abuse Awareness Day (WEAAD) Online Forum was held on 12 June via Zoom.
Here are a few highlights:
- ‘Together we are better’ was the theme for the online forum, encouraging participants to work together to create better outcomes for older people.
- 337 people registered for the event
- 57% of the attendees identified themselves as service providers
- 59% of the attendees were located in the SA Metropolitan region while 2% were overseas.
- 98% of the attendees rated the event as excellent, very good or good.
- Speakers were the Hon Dr Kay Patterson AO, Janet Anderson PSM, Carolanne Barkla, Geoff Rowe and Cassie Mason, and their content covered the latest research, the state of the nation, and progress on actions Australia-wide.
- “I have not been able to attend any previous WEAAD events as I live in a regional area so this was a great opportunity to attend from my desk and hear that level of speaker. I could not attend on Friday so appreciated the flexibility to be able to view it on demand from my desk. It exceeded my expectations.” were some of the comments made by attendees.
A big thank you to all our supporters of the 2021 WEAAD Online Forum.