Opportunity to attend the ‘Rock the Boat’ National Elder Abuse Conference
Are you a community member from South Australian over the age of 60?
Are you interested in attending the ‘Rock the Boat’ National Elder Abuse Conference 22-23 July 2019 in Brisbane?
About the National Elder Abuse Conference
To be held in Brisbane from 22 – 23 July, the ‘Rock the Boat’ National Elder Abuse Conference will be an action-oriented, inspiring two days of keynote addresses, expert panels, interactive dialogue and breakout sessions. With plenty of opportunity for collaboration, this is your chance to drive real change on the issue of elder abuse.
.Visit the event website for more information.
The Office for Ageing Well is providing sponsorship for three (3) people to attend the conference. Visit them online by clicking here.
Three (3) people will each receive:
- Full conference registration
- Social networking event on Monday evening
- A gift card for $500 to use towards travel, accommodation and incidentals (only for resident living outside of Brisbane). No other reimbursements will be provided and/or issued.
To be eligible individuals
- must be over 60 years of age
- not be in a paid full-time position within the community services sector
- must be open to being interviewed before, during and after the event by the conference media team (nothing will be released without approval from the recipient).
How to apply
Tell Aged Rights Advocacy Service (ARAS) why you want to attend the conference and what you expect to get out of it.
Closing date: Tuesday, 16 July 2019
Notification: Wednesday, 17 July 2019
Send your response (with your full contact details):
- Online form (below)
- Email to: email@example.com
- Post to: ARAS, PO Box 7234, Hutt St SA 5000
- Fax to: (08) 8232 1794
- Deliver to: ARAS, 16 Hutt Street, Adelaide SA 5000
*Contact ARAS on (08) 8232 5377 or firstname.lastname@example.org for full details of sponsorship