How Abuse Prevention Program Advocates can assist you
The Abuse Prevention Program advocates can provide the following services through the delivery of advocacy, information and education. This includes:
- Information about rights, entitlements and responsibilities.
- Providing options to help you resolve your concerns.
- Advocating to service providers on your behalf.
- Support to implement strategies to reduce and/or stop the abuse.
- Promotion of the rights of older people.
- Information sessions to community groups.
- Informative and interactive education sessions to service providers, TAFE and University students, and Allied Health professionals in hospitals.
- Assist service providers with policies to ensure the rights of older people are upheld.